: Pioneer Pot by Proptek
Pioneer Pot by Proptek
Features & Benefits Of The Pioneer Pot:
- The Pioneer Pot consists of two products: the outer “holder” and the inner “air pruning pot”.
- Roots grow outwards to the surface of the air pruning pot and are directed between the vertical ribs and through the holes in the side of the pot. The roots are then air pruned, promoting lateral root growth.
- Circling and girdling roots are eliminated due to the uninhibited growing environment.
- Roots develop very rapidly with air pruning over the entire surface of the pot, with one root being replaced by multiple new roots, creating a root ball with a large quantity of young, vigorous roots.
- Lower labor costs as no manual root pruning is required.
- The vertical slots enable excellent aeration and drainage as water is purged out of the pot quickly due to its’ very open surface.
- The outer holder prevents the air pruning pot from drying out too quickly, which means much easier irrigation and temperature management. The holder also shields the root ball from extremes of heat, a unique feature.
- The holder keeps the root base temperature up to 30°F cooler than standard smooth sided containers.
- Base of the air pruning pot is elevated above the ground to help aeration, tap root air pruning and prevent disease spread.
- The holders are very stable, preventing the product from falling over. They can also be fixed to the ground to create a permanent growing area where air pruning pots can be easily moved, added or removed.
- After planting out in the field, the rapid root establishment and development means you have a faster growing and healthier tree with replanting unlikely.
- Long term root architecture is excellent leading to a very stable tree, unlike many containers with defective roots.
Recently Viewed Items
- 578 cell
- 237 pl/ft.2
578 Cell 26×13″ Very High Density Vegetable Propagation Tray
- 450 cell
- 187.65 pl/ft.2
450 Cell 26×13″ Vegetable Propagation Tray (Reduced Cell Volume)
- 450 cell
- 183 pl/ft.2
450 Cell 26×13″ High Density Vegetable Propagation Tray
- 456 cell
- 275 pl/ft.2
456 Cell 26×9″ Very High Density Vegetable Propagation Tray
- 242 cell
- 98 pl/ft.2
242 Cell 26×13″ Stacking Vegetable Propagation Tray (South Africa)